Battle Royale MMXI
Anime North may never be the same again….
Game Background Overview:
A mysterious group has gotten together, and decided to try out their own version of Battle Royal (a cult movie they all loved). Thing is, they didn’t want to blow anyone up, nor did they want to announce their plans. So it came down to a simple decision; find a large group of people, gathered in a central location, and let the good times roll.
Anime North was picked, and the plans were set in motion. Infiltrating the ranks of con-goers was easy enough, and to place those lovely tags on people was even easier. No one thought to ask why they were being given the tag, except that they were promised that it would add to the excitement of their weekend at Anime North.
But, as the sun started to decend on that fateful Friday, a little voice could be heard coming from those innocent (and ugly) looking tags:
WARNING: Battle Royal will now begin. Players, good luck, and may you survive the weekend!
Oh, excitement indeed…..
- Convention Rules Apply! This means those rules about horseplay and weapons apply to the game. Read those Convention Rules folks, because we will be enforcing them!
- No Contact! You -will not- hit the other person, or touch them in any way during battles. We want this to be fun, not a trip to the hospital.
- Battle Royal Tags! You -must- wear the tag so that it is visible. It is preferred if it is worn around the neck, but due to costume restrictions or personal preference, it can be worn anywhere, as long as it can be seen. No partial hiding it now folks!
- Honour System! Because this is a free-form type game, and no real referres watching you, we are leaving it in your hands to be truthful and fair. If you lose, lose with dignity and give up your tag with good nature. If you win, don’t be a fathead gloater, and congratulate the other person for the battle. No one likes to have stuff rubbed in their faces, from either side. The game is to be fun folks, and trust building is good!
- Roads! There is absolutely no gameplay on or near roads. This is a safety measure. Don’t be stupid folks.
- Stalking = Bad! If you spot a Battle Royal player crossing the street, don’t go pelting after them. Or follow them around until you enter a playing zone. Just let it go, and find them later. The game is about fun, and there is no fun to be had if you are laying in wait for someone, or right up behind them waiting to get to the other side of the street onto grass to attack.
- Have Fun!
- Doubletree hotel – The hotel itself is fair game, but not the sidewalk, front drop off zone, or the parking lot. The grassy area beside the parking lot (just outside the doors near the swimming pool) is playable grounds.
- Renassance Hotel – The hotel is fair game, in AN zones only. Parking lot, and sidewalks, and front drop off zone are offlimits.
- TCC – Main walking zone (along the parking lot), grassy areas, and inside are all fair game. DO NOT PLAY IN THE DEALERS ROOM OR ARTIST ALLEY.
- All roads are off limits, and people cannot be attacked in those areas.
Battles are based on the classic Rock-Paper-Sissors system ( the best out of three throws) . When a person encounters another Battle Royal player, they begin the game. Players are encouraged to act out the battle afterwards (mindful of their surroundings), and get pictures too if they can (or anyone around them). When all is said and done, the defeated hands over their tag to the winner, and all continue on their way.
NOTE: If other Battle Royal players spot a battle, don’t rush in to take on the winner right away. Give them a good minute space time to collect themselves and such (or deal with pictures and what not).
Registration for this game is done online, and at Thursday Night Pre-Reg pick up. Tags can be picked up either Thursday night, or by 3pm on Friday.When you are defeated, either wait til Sunday to drop off your tags (if you have collected any) or drop them off at the Renassance with a gaming staff member. Your name and tag number (personal and collection) will be recorded.
Some the rules seem a bit odd (Such as the no-rush one for battles) but we are testing this game out this year, and wish to see it go well. Some rules will be altered afterwards, some added, some even removed completely. Also, it doesn’t make it too much fun if people can just battle one after another without a break, and cause people to get fustrated and upset. This is all about fun, not trying to be the ultimate Battle Royal winner (well, there is that too, but might as well have fun at it).
To play we are asking for 50 players enlist a head of time please full out the on line form : http://www.formspring.com/forms/?269135-yIum2Ci30O
Facebook event link: http://tinyurl.com/rdokuu
Lastly to save on time, please reserve any questions you may have about this event for our workshop session, that will be held with in the gaming section at the gaming information desk ( at the Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel,801 Dixon Road) Starting on Friday at six o’clock.